The Roadshow was followed by a Seminar where Applus+ presented its long history with Robotics.
With the aim to showcase various market-ready or close-to-market robotic and digital technologies at end user sites, plants and facilities, the roadshow ran from 17-29 July, before the SPRINT Robotics Seminar in Perth on 30 July.
The roadshow provided interaction with a variety of professionals involved in inspection
and maintenance activities, such as technicians, operators, and managers.
End users participating in the Perth area were:
- Chevron Shell
- South 32
- Coogee Chemicals
The Roadshow was followed by the SPRINT Robotics Seminar. Here Applus+ carried out a short presentation outlaying its involvement with Robotics as far back as the Sixties and Seventies. A number of ‘firsts’ in robotic inspection tooling by Applus+ was presented.
A few reasons to perform inspections using robotics:
- Robotics in NDT is inevitable when human involvement is increasingly becoming expensive and demanding from a safety point of view
- Robotics ensures higher productivity, quality and monetary returns compared to manual inspection alternatives
- Accuracy of inspection is often higher compared to manual inspections due to consistency of data capture and lack of human error
- Robotic applications is predicted to increase as technology improves allowing for climbing, swimming, crawling and flying robots to be further developed
- An increased up take by clients in the use of Robotics for inspections in remote, complex geometries and hazardous environments will ensure the industry grows from strength to strength
- Applus is proud to be part associated with the Robotic industry and look forward to a bright future in ‘Robotic Applications for NDT Inspections’