THE Applus+ SOLUTION
Applus+ offer comprehensive Supplier Technical Assessments Services, including capability assessments and auditing of suppliers/vendors/manufacturers, to assist clients with its supply chain management and supplier approval processes.
The scope of assessments are flexible, depending on client requirements, and can be undertaken on a 1st party (internal assessment/audit of the client on their behalf), 2nd party (assessment of suppliers acting on the behalf of a client, managing findings and corrective actions) and third party (independent verification assessment of suppliers).
The scope of assessment may include factors such as:
- Assessment of the total work capacity, including current and projected workload
- Assessment of compliance to management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Assessment of the staffing and management structure
- Assessment of the handling, storage and traceability of material
- Assessment of vendor’s affiliations, history and client base
Our assessors are experienced engineers and QHSE professionals, with in-depth knowledge of assessment and auditing practices, who ensure a comprehensive assessment that adds real value for our clients.
Applus+ has a strong relationship with the vast majority of oil and gas-related vendors around the world, enabling us to conduct pre-contract award surveys by QA Engineers with day-to-day experience of these manufacturers.
Reporting requirements are defined by the client, who in turn receive a report from the assessment with detailed findings, allowing our clients to make informed, evidence-based decisions regarding the supplier.